One of the newest hiking routes in the Annapurna Himalayas is the Mohare Danda Trek. This trek is a combination of a naturally garlanded and gorgeous landscape, and it is a short and simple trekking destination in Nepal. This trek offers spectacular views of the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges, as well as the Pokhara valley, Phewa Lake, the World Peace Stupa, and other attractions. Keep in mind that this is not a difficult hike. Every day, though, we will hike for several hours. As a result, it is critical that you maintain a healthy level of fitness. We will, of course, be there to assist and guide you.
The Mohare Danda Trek offers a glimpse into Annapurna’s hidden valleys, as well as experiences of beautiful sections and information of hidden valleys, as well as local traditional, ethnic, and lifestyle. It’s one of the most enjoyable adventure activities in a clean and tranquil setting. This journey also provides an opportunity to learn about the flora and fauna of the spectacular Himalayan ranges. The Mohare Danda Trek, an eco-tourism trek in the Annapurna region of Nepal, is a less crowded and serene journey in the Himalayas.
Mohare Danda Trek: Highlights
- One of the best views of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountain ranges.
- Investigate the way of life and livelihood in ordinary communities.
- Poon Hill View Point offers unobstructed sunrise and sunset views, as well as attractive settlements.
- Getting to know the Magar and Gurung people, who are famous for their Gorkha army, and their way of life and culture.
- During the majority of the hiking days, eco community homestay accommodations are available.
- Trails that have recently been identified.
- Walking through a lush Rhododendron forest, waterfalls, and a small and stone-paved trail
Mohare Danda Trek: Things to Do
- Don’t miss Galeshwor Temple in Galeshwor, which has religious and historical significance.
- Visit Banskharka’s organic orange farm and garden.
- At Nangi, you may visit the temple, the craft shop, the medicinal plant garden, the advanced computer lab, and play volleyball.
- Views of the sunrise and sunset from Mohare Danda.
- On the Mohare Danda Trek, it is highly advised that you spend at least one night on a campfire.
- At Nangi, don’t miss the opportunity to see a traditional show put on by the local Magar ethnic group.
Mohare Danda Trek: Brief Itinerary
- Day 01: Drive to Nangi Village
- Day 02: Trek from Nagi Village to Mohare Dada
- Day 03: Trek back from Mohare Dada to Banthanti
- Day 04: Banthati to Nayapul, and drive back to Pokhara.
Mohare Danda Trek: Difficulty
The Mohare Danda Trek is one of Nepal’s most popular Himalayan trekking routes. Most travelers/trekkers in fair physical condition will be able to finish this trip without difficulty, and no prior trekking experience is required. However, because this trip will take you to elevations higher than 3,300 meters, it’s critical to drink lots of water and get plenty of rest to allow your body to acclimate to the higher altitude naturally. As always, your local trekking guide will look after you and ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable trip over Mohare Danda.
Mohare Danda Trek: Best Season
The best months to go on the Mohare Danda Trek are October and November. The weather is ideal at this time of year, with a clear sky for the entire day, allowing you to see the mountains clearly. You can also see the rice fields at this time. The second best months are March and April, when the rhododendron flower blooms and the weather is pleasant. Hiking is still possible in December and January, but be advised that winter conditions will result in ice (temperatures can reach -15°C during peak season!), and May marks the start of the monsoon season, which means rainier days are ahead.
Mohare Danda Trek: People and Culture
Poon Magar, Thapa Magar, Jugjali Magar, and Garbuja Magar are all residents of Nepal’s Bans Kharka and Nadi Villages and have different last names. In addition, the history of the Magar tribal culture and the Po religion, which worships nature and deities. Nature, idols, spirits, and other supernatural beings are all revered by the Magars. Similarly, they worship hunting gods and goddesses both within and outside their families, whether they are the gods of their forefathers and mothers or their grandmothers and grandfathers. Their form of worship is special. The Mohare Danda trek routes are naturally clean and environmentally benign. The community maintains eco-environmental peace by cleaning the trails every day and prohibiting the throwing of Plastics and papers on the paths.
Mohare Danda Trek: Cost/ Price
The budget estimate is calculated depending on the type of trek and the quantity of money spent. The price, on the other hand, varies from roughly $250 to $399 on average. It also depends on how much money one wants to spend on extra luxuries. Transportation, meals, and other facilities like tents, camping, high-altitude tents, and other goods specified in the Include section are all included in the fee. The trek to Mohare Danda can be done in either spring or autumn, however we recommend that you do it in the spring. If you have a large group interested in climbing Mohare Danda or any other trekking peaks in Nepal, please contact us as we may be able to provide group discounts.
Mohare Danda Trek: Equipment and Packing List
The Mohare Danda Trek necessitates a wide range of clothing. Trekkers should focus on two fundamental aspects while selecting equipment: lightweight and functional. Lightweight, dependable, and adaptable to a variety of adverse weather situations are all requirements. The quality of your hiking equipment will have a big impact on how warm, dry, and safe you stay. As a result, you must pay close attention to apparel quality and fit.